You are hereHome ›
2013-14 Center for Asian Studies "Catastrophic Asia" Call for Proposals
The Center for Asian Studies theme for the 2013-2014 academic year is ‘Catastrophic Asia.’ Throughout the academic year, the Center will host a series of events and activities, culminating in the Spring 2014 symposium. The theme seeks to explore Asian vulnerability to, experiences with, and recovery from natural and/or human-induced environmental disasters such as seismic events, extreme climate events, pollution events, and the broader environmental and social challenges presented by a warming planet, including economic, demographic, epidemiological, and political threats.
- • The academic component might include a workshop aimed at producing a collection of published papers, a small conference and discussion on recent Asian events, or an opportunity to seed a larger research project proposal.
- • The public component will constitute the 2014 Spring Symposium, and might include a forum of lectures, panel discussions, or performances.
Project Description (no more than 5 pages, double-spaced) consisting of:
Scholarly significance and justification for the project
Expected outcomes of the project, including any post-project publication plans
Ways the project speaks to the CAS theme and promotes Asian Studies at CU Boulder
Details on proposed public symposium event, including likely venue and date
- Detailed Budget and Budget Justification (no more than 2 pages total)
- Brief CV’s (3 pages maximum each) of all organizers and participants
Visit the "Catastrophic Asia" blog here: http://catastrophicasia.wordpress.com/
- News & Events
- CAS Initiatives
- Funding and Opportunities
- Links & Resources